Monday, April 30, 2012

Say Hello!

Hi,
Today I'm going to talk about greeting in Turkish. First, like English, Turkish has different greeting styles for time. Generally hello or hi is merhaba.
Pronounce like ma-ha-ba.

Next, good morning in Turkish is günaydın. Pronounce like gu-nai-deen

Good afternoon is iyi akşamlar.
Pronounce like e-ack-ssam-mar

Last, good night is iyi geceler.
E-ge-jae-lar is pronunciation for this.


These are quite specific but when you say hello is generally good for greeting.

Thank you !

2 comments:

  1. wow, how long have you learned Turkish? Do you have any special reason for that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. Well, I've been studying Turkish over a year. First it was just an interest, started to learn. After I knew learing Turkish was so funny, I love Turkey. Thier music, culture and even custom. Also I had friends who had Turkish backgrounds too. :)

    ReplyDelete