Hi!
Today, Let's talk about the biggest city in Turkey, as I mentioned, this is Istanbul.
Well, first I wanna inform one thing. I don't talk about just boring information about Turkey which you can find from internet with one clicking. Here, I'm posting based on my personal experience and view.
Istanbul is very different from the other city which are located in Turkey. It is main and the biggest city in Turkey, It was the captital in the past, but because of the location, capital changed to Ankara. Virtually, Turkish people believe Muslim, some of rules are very strict and conservative. In Ankara, I saw lots of women wear hijab. There are various kinds of style clothings which make women to cover their body from strangers in Musilm culture. However, I've seldom seen those kinds of women in Istanbul especaially who are young. I knew older people are quite conservative about their religoin still, but young people really do not care about that.
Also, It depend on their family's atmosphere.
The history of Istanbul is very long. I think al least everyone watch movies about old Roman empire or ancient the Ottoman empire. Turkish people are very proud of their long , stunning history. I majored in history, but I couldn't have any opportunities to learn about history of Turkey.
There is a surprising news for learing history of Turkey. The exhibition which is about the progress of civilization is holding now. The period is from May 1st to September 2nd. It is about the Empires of Istanbul. It sounds very intriguing, I will visit soon. If anyone, who is interested in this exhibition, let's go together !
No comments:
Post a Comment