Hello! Sen nasilsin ?
For today, let's me tell you how to say 'where are you from ?'
Before to start, one thing pretty important to know, in Turkish you do not say 'I or you'
in front of the sentence. What I'm trying to say is this.
When you say where are you from in English, you say ' I am from ...... '
But, as I know, Turkish like omitting. So you don't need to say I ... here, just you can say,
' Korean' or 'American'. Not necessary to say I am Korean. just 'Korean'
It is simple and easy !
Where are you from in Turkish is
*(Sen) Nerelisiniz? -> Here Sen is 'you' in English. You can omit.
The answer is (if you are Korean)
*(Ben) ... Koreliyim -> Ben means 'I am'
Here are some tips for nationalities.
American : Amerikan : almost same :)
Canadian : Kanadali
Turkish : Turk
and more.
Lastly, put 'yim' ending of the sentence. It means 'am' . Quite different from English.
But you have to put some ending word in Turkish. Those are several be-verd and verb forms.
Is it helpful? I hope so :D
See you soon :)

No comments:
Post a Comment